December 2021 Minutes (DRAFT)

Minutes of Meeting held on 7th December 2021

  1. Cllr. Osborne chaired the monthly meeting with Cllrs. P. Chapman, C Pallett S Smith and J Shepherd attending
  2. Apologies

    Apologies received from Cllrs. C Smith, I Franklyn and County Cllr. Nicky Chopak .

  3. Declarations

    There were no declarations in respect of this Agenda

  4. Minutes

    The minutes of the previous meeting had been Emailed to Councillors and were agreed and signed.

  5. Balance at Bank

    It was reported that the balance at the Bank is £12,012.98 in the Current A/C and £1651.81 in the Primrose A/C.

  6. Holy Well

    Clerk to contact Chris Monk regarding the rules for permitted access.

  7. 20mph Phase 1

    Email regarding this sent to Councillors.

  8. Precept

    It was discussed and unanimously agreed to ask for a Precept of £5,500 for the coming year. Proposed Cllr. S Smith Seconded Cllr. Pallett

  9. Edgar Road

    It was noted that the road will be closed from 29th November – 10th December 2021.

  10. Personal Safety for Councillors

    An Online course is taking place on 8th December, 2021. There will be further free courses offered in the New Year.

  11. Pay Clerk

    It was agreed to pay the Clerk. This amounted to £540.16 being £500.00 Salary and £40.16 Expenses. (Total £540.16) Proposed we pay Cllr P Chapman Seconded Cllr. S Smith.

  12. Poundstock Crematorium

    This was discussed as Councillors were not sure of the latest development on this matter.

  13. Road Safety Grant – Zero Vision

    Road Safety Grant Application – The Clerk had applied for a Grant from Zero Vision but had received a reply that regrettably it was unsuccessful.

  14. Planning Application PA21/09708

    Change of use: Garage to use as Holiday Accommodation – Sunnyside, Jacobstow, Bude - Councillors support this Application but would like a Clause that it can’t be sold separately to the main building.

  15. Planning Application PA21/09708

    First Floor Extension to create Managers Flat - Wainhouse Corner Service Station. Councillors support this Application.

  16. Councillors Matters

    1. Cllr. Pallett gave a report on a Planning meeting she had recently attended.
    2. Clerk to contact Cornwall Council regarding the missing sign at Plymswood Cross
    3. Clerk to contact Cllr. Chopak regarding the Flower Bombs.
    4. Clerk to contact Oliver Jones regarding the large Pot Holes just past the junction off the A39 into Edgar Road.

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 9.00pm.