Minutes of meeting held on 11th May, 2021
Cllr Charmaine Smith chaired the monthly meeting of the Parish Council with Cllrs. P Chapman, C Pallett, I Franklyn, S Smith, J Shepherd and County Cllr. Nicky Chopak attending.
Apologies received from Cllr. Osborne
Election of Officers
The meeting began with the Election of Officers which were as follows:-
- Chairman – Re-Election of Cllr. Osborne – Proposed Cllr C Smith Seconded Cllr. P. Chapman
- Vice Chairperson – Re-election of Cllr. C Smith Proposed Cllr. Chapman Seconded Cllr. S Smith
- Responsible Financial Officer – Re-Election of The Clerk, Mrs. D.A. Turner Proposed Cllr. C Smith Seconded Cllr. Chapman
Declaration of Interest/Dispensations
There were no declarations
The minutes had been Emailed to all Councillors and were agreed and signed. The Clerk advised that the balance in the Current a/c should have read £11,255. 80p and not as stated.
Balance at Bank
It was noted that the Balance at the bank is £10,771. 84p in the Current A/c and £4,139.73p in the Primrose A/C
The Clerk had received an Email from Cornwall Council stating that they are currently reviewing the budget available for such projects, therefore at the moment they are unable to process our Application for a Grant. It was reported that the base for the Shelter had been laid.
Duke of Edinburgh
It was noted that The Clerk had sent a message to be recorded in the Cornwall Book of Condolences on behalf of Jacobstow PC but it was decided not to give a donation.
- The Audit form Section 1 Annual Governance Statement 2020/2021 was completed on behalf of the Councillors and signed by the Vice-Chairperson and the Clerk/RFO.
- Section 2 Accounting Statements 2020/2021 was completed by the RFO and signed as necessary. The Meeting approved the Accounts and these were signed by the Vice-Chairperson. The Accounts will be checked by the Internal Auditor and then displayed on the Notice Board and on the Website.
- The Certificate of Exemption- AGAR 2020/2021 Part 2 will be sent to the External Auditor.
Accounts to pay:-
- Zurich Insurance Renewal £167.44
Proposed we pay Cllr. Smith Seconded Cllr. I Franklyn
- CALC – Annual Membership - £295.34
Proposed we pay Cllr. P Chapman Seconded Cllr. J Shepherd
Clerk to check with the Insurance Company that the three Benches are covered under the Policy.
- Zurich Insurance Renewal £167.44
Planning Application PA21/02562
Change of use from outbuilding to Annexe/Selfcontained holiday let – Sunnyside, Jacobstow - Councillors feel that Cornwall Council should refer to the previous Planning application and that this should have been a retrospective planning. They have concerns regarding the extra traffic from the holiday let on this narrow road and so close to a corner.
Planning Application PA21/03132
Two storey extension to rear and single storey extension to side of existing dwelling to provide annexe accommodation for elderly relatives. Councillors feel there should be a clause saying that the Annexe is for family use only and not used as a holiday let.
Planning Application PA12/03991
To remove the stem of Ash tree (5162) situated within TPO ref: E1/8K786/70 – Land situated above Foxglove Cottage, Jacobstow - Truro Diocesan Board of Finance Councillor support this.
Clerk to send a card to Dennis Adey thanking him for his work while on the Council. He did not stand at the last election. Clerk to also send a Get Well card to Cllr. Osborne as he is in hospital.
As there was not further business the meeting was closed at 8.30pm
|11.05.2021||Zurich Insurance Renewal||£167.44|
|11.05.2021||CALC – Annual Membership||£295.34|