Minutes of Meeting held on 4th October, 2018
Cllr. Osborne chaired the monthly meeting of the Parish Council with a full attendance of Councillors, County Cllr. Nicky Chopak and two members of the Public.
- There were no Declarations of Interest or Dispensations.
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and signed as correct.
Balance at Bank
The balance at the bank is £13,277.26 in the Current A/C and £5,450.12 in the Primrose A/C.
Letter received raising awareness of Scam Mail with poster for the Notice Board.
Cornwall Council – Planning App.PA18/06229 – Sudcott Park, Jacobstow
This was refused by Cornwall Council.
Devon & Cornwall Police merger with Dorset Police
Councillors did not wish to make any comments on this.
Planning Application PA/08399
Witheven Farm Cottage. No plans yet received as it has not been validated.
A discussion was had on future donations as the Surf Club, Week St. Mary Football Club and the Friends of Jacobstow School had applied for a further Grant. Councillors feel it should be for a specific item and it should be match funded. Discuss again next month.
Crantock Parish Council
Application for Judicial Review – They are asking for Financial support. Councillors decision not to support.
- The Clerk reported that after correspondence with Royal Mail they have said that the Post Box will be replaced.
- Cllr. Pallett reported that the Stile had been repaired as necessary.
- Cllr. Pallett also reported that Cornwall Council have agreed to do the suggested Road Markings at Eden Chapel.
- It was reported that the hedge at Little Beckaveans needs cutting back, Cllr. Chopak will get in touch with Cornwall Council. Hedges are the responsibility of the Landowner. Maybe this could be put in the Journal.
- Regarding the Mains leak by the Bridge in Jacobstow it should be noted that SWW came out within two days to repair this.
- It was mentioned that another good Journal had been published.
- Councillors requested that we get the Salt Bins refilled. Send a formal request to Cllr. Chopak for this.
- It was suggested we put the Website details on the bottom of the Notice Board. Cllr. Smith to ask Mr Dereck Smith if this could be done.
- The Journal are asking for any War memorabilia to be sent to them.
There being no further business the meeting was closed.