Minutes of Meeting held on 3rd October, 2023
- Cllr. Charmaine Smith chaired the Ordinary meeting with Cllrs. P Chapman, A Vogel, J Shepherd, N Osborne, County Cllr. Nicky Chopak, The Clerk Mrs D.A. Turner and two members of the public attending.
Apologies received from Cllrs. Sarah Smith and I Franklyn
Declarations of Interest/ Dispensations
No declarations in respect of this Agenda.
The minutes of the previous meeting had been Emailed to all Councillors and were agreed and signed as necessary.
Balance at Bank
It was reported that the balance at the Bank is £15,764.49 in the Current A/C and £4340.53 in the Solar A/C
Neighbourhood Plan Progress
Form to fill out for this. Councillors agreed to reply saying we are no longer interested in doing a Neighbourhood Plan.
Cornwall Council have approved Planning for PA23/05413 – Outline planning for Agricultural Workers Dwelling – Land South of Tobarn, Jacobstow.
Village Parking etc.
A Parishioner spoke to address her concerns regarding the parking and speed of vehicles around the school mornings and afternoons. Councillors said that the speed through the village will be reduced to 20mph sometime before 2025. County Cllr.Nicky Chopak reported that the new lining at the Wainhouse Corner junction will not be done at the moment as there is no money to spend. This will be sub-contracted out.
D Day - 8-years - 6th June 2024
Discuss this again next month.
Accounts to pay
C Lloyd - £665.00 – Footpath Trimming - Proposed we pay Cllr. Chapman Seconded Cllr. N Osborne
Invoice received from Cornwall Council for the Salt Bin we had ordered. This is for £328.13. Proposed we pay Cllr. Chapman. Seconded Cllr. A Vogel
Clean Air Workshops
These will be held on the 16th & 18th October, 2023 19-20.30hrs.
Cornwall Council – Draft Budget
This had been Emailed to all Councillors – Consultation underway until 12th November, 2023.
Planning Application PA23/07104
Land East of Little Beckaveans - As this application was the same as the previous one, the only difference being the repositioning of the dwelling and the entrance, Councillors agreed this on the telephone.
- Footpaths - Mrs Mary Carter wishes to resign from being the Footpath Co-Ordinator. Discuss this next month.
- A complaint was made regarding the School lighting. They are very bright and on all night. Clerk to write a letter to the school asking if they could maybe put some sort of Security light instead.
- A discussion was had on the progress of the school now it is run by an Academy.
- Penhalym - Discuss this at the next meeting.
As there was no further business the meeting was closed at 8.55pm.
|03.10.2023||C. Lloyd (Footpath Trimming)||£665.00|
|03.10.2023||Cornwall Council (Salt Bin)||£328.13|